Acting for Climate (SK). Residency participants 2021.
RESIDENCY- NORDISKT LJUS 2022
July 4 - 31
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
NORDISKT LJUS welcomes artists based in the Nordic region to apply for an artistic residency between 4-31 July 2022. The residency takes place at Nordiska folkhögskolan in Kungälv for one month, where you are invited to develop artistic work in relation to a theme
Kungälv, where Nordiska folkhögskolan is located, is one of Sweden's largest hubs for right-wing extremism. Nordiskt Ljus works as a counterforce to this, by examining artistic and human ways to resisting fascism and nationalism.
Last summer the theme was RESISTANCE and this year the theme will be GOODNESS.
What does goodness mean and how could goodness be relative? With the residency we encourage you to examine the relationship between good and evil - and what's on the spectrum in between. Is it necessarily always a relationship between two opposite poles?
How you approach the theme is entirely up to you - you can be political or poetic, broad or specific, obvious or abstract. You are invited to explore the theme in a free and immeasurable context where you are given support to develop your artistic ideas.
- Free accommodation for one month
- Three meals a day)
- Travels to and from Kungälv
- A scholarship of 5000sek
- Access to work rooms (desk space, simpler studio space, exercise room, blackbox, classroom, library, recording equipment, computer software, etc.)
-A showcase of your work during Nordiskt Ljus
To apply, you need to:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be based in a Nordic country (you can be born anywhere in the world)
- Have previous experience of artistic work (from folk high school, university or through work experience)
- Be able to stay at the residency all month (exceptions can be made for you who have children, or similar circumstances).
We ask you to present yourself in the application and to describe where you come from and a bit about your artistic practice. You can also apply as a duo or a group. We need your application before the 17/4 2022.
You can write your application in either English, Swedish, Norwegian or Danish
Last year, we received seven residency participants who worked on various artistic projects during the month. Some of them presented their work at the festival weekend which ends the whole month. We welcome you to do the same.